Bees!

Speaking of Druidry, I have a business called Hearth Fox Oracle, where I offer psychic readings and handmade divination tools, plushies, and artwork.  For psychic readings I accept money and trades from my Amazon Wish List (or in person if the person is local).  I had a client last week go with the trade option--which is pretty popular among the online clients I've had.  I received the package and did the session with them.  Yesterday, I got another package in the mail from them, which was a total surprise.  It was Kristoffer Hughes' new deck, the Bee Tarot!!!!  That's the "speaking of druidry" part, because he's a Druid.  If you open up the box, you're greeted by this quote: "Did the bees understand the mysteries of the Druids...or did the bees perhaps give them access to those mysteries?"

(Oh, the bees definitely taught us!)

The deck has beautiful artwork and I love the texture of the cards.  One of my favorite decks is a set of Bicycle playing cards, because of their size and texture.  It's not smooth, so very little stickage.  Smooth shufflin!  

The Melissae--Roman, Greek, Minoan Bee Entities and Priestesses--are the High Priestess card--very appropriate!  I've been working with these Priestesses and Dancers for a few years; from Summer Solstice (or possibly Midspring) to the Fall Equinox, Bee is my Gatekeeper.  I adore Them.  I'm actually drinking coffee out of my bee hive mug right now.  I was glad that The Melissae claimed the deck as soon as I opened it.  I've been looking for a bee deck, be it tarot or oracle (also been looking for a fox deck, too--no luck yet).  When I saw Hughes talking about this deck a few months ago, I got super excited.  I haven't read any of his books yet (although ones on the list), but I fell in love with the artwork right away.

After cleansing them, I like to interview my divination tools to see how to work with them, what kinds of questions they answer best, and like, their temperment.  I have some decks that are far gentler than others, and some with that hag energy--fuck your feelings, here's the blunt and brutal truth.  Because hags.

This deck said it was blunt.  Blunt and kind, because you can be both--or that hag energy?  Leafcutter Bee or Hornet?  Guess I'll find out.

I'm sitting there last night, watching Hoarders, when something big hit the opened window behind me!  I jumped up and looked to see if it was bird or a kid throwing something.  I didn't hear or see anything, just a wasp, which was way too small and light to make the thud that I heard.  Given that this window was beside our Ancestral shrine, I grabbed my pendulum and asked if it was mundane or spiritual.  

It was The Melissae with a message.  So I pulled the cards out of a pouch that I had made a couple Honeysweet's ago, and asked what their message was.

I drew the The Keeper (Fool), The Barrow (Chariot), and The Sun.  Basically, The Melissae were telling me to keep on doing what I'm doing.  Keep trusting in myself and my deities, and let it all flow.  A great message with beautiful cards.  I gave an offering of honey outside.

I'm looking forward to working more with this deck and The Melissae.


- Dedicant and Hearth Keeper Foxlyn Wren

Comments