When Vampires Love You Too Much

I turned in Essay 9 on May 30th, and still haven't heard anything about it.  I just sent an email.  I need to know before I can start on another essay.  It's just how my brain works, unfortunately.  I've tried to write Essay 5, I think it is?  The one about the 2 Power Meditation.  I have all of my notes and journal entries, but everytime I try to write my brain suddenly gets sleepy or starts to catastrophize about Fafnir Adolf Trump and Project 2025.

I need to know how I did--I need distractions!

Here's hoping that I hear back soon.

In the meanwhile, I guess I'll finish 365 Days of Goddess by Molly Remer or work on crocheting this summer blanket.  I'm waiting for shadow to fall on our deck so I can go outside and read/crochet.  A favorite thing of mine to do when its warm out.  Listen to the birds, people watch (we live at a busy crossroads in our neighborhood).  I'm hoping to get a pop-up mosquito netting and an air mattress so I can be outside longer in the evenings.  I love being outside, but I also got the blood-type that vampires love.

I've also planning on going camping this August and fall.  Having a queen-sized bubble of protection is going to be necessary for me.  I wish vampires didn't love me so much, otherwise I'd always be outside.  When I was a kid and a teen, I was always outside on the move with my friends.  As I got older, I became allergic to flea and mosquito bites--they turn into blister clusters.  Fun! and an unfortunately curse that my eldest has, too.  I'd rather not use harsh chemicals, but the natural stuff isn't strong enough.  We have some mint and lavender in planters on our deck--helps mostly against the wasps.  Yeah, I'm saving up for a queen-sized tall pop-up mosquito net tent-thing.  I wanna be outside, safe, so I can be with nature, meditate and all that fantastic stuff.

Well, I think it's time to go outside for my daily summer ritual.  Hopefully I'll return with good news!

- Dedicant and Hearth Keeper Foxlyn Wren

Comments