The Hearth Keepers Way

 I started re-reading The Fire on Our Hearth: A Devotional of Three Cranes Grove, ADF and The Hearth Keepers Way this week.  Rev. Avende recently sent me my Hearth Keeper certificate, and I hung it over our Family's shrine.  Today, I decided to connect our hearth to others of ADF, using the ritual on page 22 of HKW.  I'd taken the oath a few months ago, but didn't perform the ritual.  Decided today was a good day for it.

It was a spontaneous decision.  I already have close relationships with my Hearth Entities, and I'm already a Hearth Keeper of Hestia.  I wanted to join ours spiritually and energetically with others of ADF, to strengthen the community and our connections to the Kindreds.

I selected a candle that I had already dedicated to my Hearth Deities--Hestia, Vesta, the Vestals, Hekate, Frigg, Loki, and Those known and unknown, with and without a shrine in our home.  It's also the first candle that we bought when we moved here in the fall of 2022.  For a long time we couldn't burn candles because of our super sensitive smoke detectors, but we've since replaced those, so I can burn candles again.  Although I've nothing against LED's either.  Safety and having peace of mind is pretty great, too.  

I used a singing bowl to purify the space.

Rabbit was the Gatekeeper.  

Frigg represented our Hearth Allies and Spirit Family.

I sprinkled cornmeal into the flame for each offering.

I used From the Well Elder Futhark Rune Deck by Tammy L Rois.  The omen that Frigg gave me was Hagalaz.  

This hearth provides protection from the storm.  

I re-took the oath and felt the connection and the unity.  

I performed the ritual at my main ADF altar, and then returned the candle back to the Family Shrine.

Wren's Nest Hearth is officially established!

- Dedicant and Hearth Keeper Foxlyn Wren

Comments